Rogers Hometown Hockey has arrived in Charlottetown and hockey fans Island-wide are invited to participate. The City of Charlottetown will host the jam-packed, two-day festival taking place this weekend, October 21 and 22. It will feature live entertainment, local celebrities, prize giveaways, NHL alumni and a multitude of free activities for the whole family to enjoy, including an outdoor viewing party of an NHL® game (Vancouver Canucks vs. Detroit Red Wings) broadcast nationally on Sportsnet™ and hosted live from Charlottetown by Ron MacLean and Tara Slone.
The two-day event will take place at Queen’s Wharf (1 Queen Street) by the Delta Prince Edward Hotel from 12 p.m. (noon) to 6 p.m. on Saturday, October 21, and 1 p.m. – 11 p.m. on Sunday, October 22.
The event will include the following elements:
• Rogers Fan Hub: Helping fans be fans, the Fan Hub will feature innovative and interactive experiences, showcasing virtual autographs from NHL stars, a hockey-themed Zamboni video game and autograph signings with NHL alumni to unite fans in their passion for the game. In addition, fans will be treated to free hot chocolate on site.
• GamePlus: If you are a Rogers customer you will be able to go to the GamePlus desk in the Rogers Fan Hub and redeem exclusive experiences such as meet-and-greets with NHL alumni, autographed merchandise and tours of our Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
• Sportsnet Augmented Reality Photo Booth: The public will have the chance to get close to their favorite players through augmented reality technology. Fans will be able to take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing.
• The Hockey Circus Show: Paz, the Rogers Hometown Hockey world-renowned hockey acrobat, will juggle everything from pucks to flaming hockey sticks all while standing on top of a net!
• Scotiabank Community Locker Room: A family-friendly space to engage hockey fans, celebrate the game, and interact with NHL alumni. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community.
• Dodge Family Zone: Will feature the famous Stow ’n Go Challenge, a hockey-themed obstacle course. Also, fans will have the opportunity to enter a contest to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica for their family. All contest entrants will receive a Dodge Hometown Hockey retro toque.
• Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet: Will feature pick-up games for the community, including local Timbits Hockey players.
• Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans will be able to enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and play the Find Giuseppe Match Game to win a rooftop experience and other great prizes.
• Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans will have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
• OK Tire Zamboni Pit Stop: Will feature a pit-crew-like experience where fans will have the opportunity to test their tire-hanging skills on a replica Zamboni.
For more information about the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour, presented by Scotiabank and Dodge, and the activities being hosted in the City of Charlottetown at Queen’s Wharf, Oct. 21-22, visit: http://www.hometownhockey.com/
City of Charlottetown