Prince Edward Island is dependent on groundwater for its water source. It is important that we use water carefully and make an effort to cut our water waste.
Metered customers pay for the water used - less water waste, less cost
Everyone benefits from reducing water waste, regardless of income.
The Low Income Financial and Technical (LIFT) Assistance program provides a free comprehensive water audit to low-income Islanders.
Am I eligible for the Low Income Financial and Technical (LIFT) Assistance Program?
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
What does the program provide?
- you must be a resident of Charlottetown with a total household income of $50,000 or less;
- you must own and live in the residence or have an account with the Charlottetown Water & Sewer Utility in your name, if you rent; and said account is in good standing
A qualified tradesperson completes a water audit (such as checking for leaks, checking for low-flow fixtures) free of charge at your resident along with the following:
How do I qualify for a toilet rebate?
- installation of a low-flow showerhead,
- installation of a low-flow aerator on bathroom sinks,
- a voucher for low-flow toilet and installation, if applicable
The water audit will determine if you qualify for a rebate for you to purchase a low-flow toilet and have it installed. It includes:
Am I able to access other programs?
- a rebate for 50% of the cost (including taxes) of an approved toilet up to $250 - approved toilet must be WaterSense® certified and have a MaP rating of 1000g listed with www.map-testing.com
- a rebate for up to $100 for toilet installation by licensed plumber with proof of disposal of older toilet
- a rebate of $50 under efficiencyPEI
Yes, the Low Income Financial and Technical (LIFT) Assistance Program is being done simultaneously with efficiencyPEI's Home Energy Low-Income Program (HELP).
A qualified tradesperson completes a comprehensive air-sealing (such as caulking, weather-stripping, sealing gaskets) free of charge at your resident along with the following:
- installation of a programmable thermostat,
- a low-flow showerhead,
- a voucher for a free furnace cleaning (up to $80 value),
- a quantity of ENERGY STAR® CFL and LED light bulbs.
For more information on the HELP program - click here
Do I need to make a separate application?
No, one application will apply for both programs.
What if I have already accessed the HELP program?
You are still eligible to apply for the LIFT Program and, if applicable, a $50 toilet rebate under efficiencyPEI's HELP Program.
If you have not accessed the HELP program within the last five years, you may be eligible to reapply.
How do I apply?
- Confirm your eligibility according to the terms and conditions as outlined on the application form.
- Fill out the application form completely.
- Mail or drop off the application with original copies of your proof of income* to efficiencyPEI or any Access PEI location.
*Proof of income must be your most recent original July GST Credit Notice showing your net family income, marital status, and province of residence.
To apply for the rebate download and fill out the application form